This dazzling blue purse has been lovingly made by me, entirely by hand, as have all of the purses available for sale here. I crochet the outer layer of the purse first, before sewing beads on individually. Then I sew on a double lining of cotton and affix the magnetic clasps. Finally, the edges are sewn up. I aim for all stitching to be virtually invisible.
This would make a great addition to any accessory or purse collection, or a wonderfully unique gift. The crochet yarn is 4-ply, meaning it is slightly thinner than standard Double Knitting [DK] yarn and the mercerising process means the cotton has a slight sheen to it. This purse takes between 12 and 15 hours to make.
Measurements: 15cm x 8.5cm
Care: machine washable upto 40°, although I cannot guarantee that the beads will remain in situ.
The frame and borders are not included with this item. The price includes taxes and UK postage and packaging. International shipping is available - email me on email@example.com with your region/country and I'll get back to you with a quote. International delivery fees will have to be paid for by the customer.
If you'd like to watch a video on how I make purses:
- click on the YouTube icon on the homepage which will take you directly to it OR
- click on the blog tab at the top of the page and scroll down to the 5th April 2020 entry titled 'How I make purses'.
None of the purses on this website will ever be identical as, at the very least, the measurements of each purse will vary. Other variations include:
- the yarn material
- the weight/thickness of the yarn
- the colour and/or brand of yarn
- the colour and/or number of beads
- the colours and/or pattern of the lining
- single of double layer of lining
- purse fastening (buttons, zip or magnetic clasps)
Thank you for visiting my website, I would be so happy to hear from you.