Like the light blue purse, this one has been crocheted using DK weight yarn, which is slightly thicker than the 4ply yarn I've used for the others. This means the stitches appear a little larger. It was crocheted with a 4mm sized hook and the yarn is still mercerised so it has that sheen that many other yarns don't.
The process I used was also the same - crocheted the outer, then sewed on the beads individually, then handstitched on the double cotton lining, attaching the magnetic clasps along the way. Finally I made up the sides by sewing them togther. I have tried to make all seams virtually invisible.
This would be a cute addition to any purse or accessory collection and would make a wonderful and 'sure-to-be-loved' gift. It took between 16-20 hours to make.
Measurements: 13.5cm x 8cm
Care: machine washable upto 40°, although I cannot guarantee that the beads will remain in situ.
The frame and borders are not included with this item.
The price includes UK taxes and postage and packaging. International shipping is available - email me on firstname.lastname@example.org with your region/country and I'll get back to you with a quote. International delivery fees will have to be paid for by the customer.
If you'd like to watch a video on how I make purses:
- click on the YouTube icon on the homepage which will take you directly to it OR
- click on the blog tab at the top of the page and scroll down to the 5th April 2020 entry titled 'How I make purses'.
None of the purses on this website will ever be identical as, at the very least, the measurements of each purse will vary. Other variations include:
- the yarn material
- the weight/thickness of the yarn
- the colour and/or brand of yarn
- the colour and/or number of beads
- the colours and/or pattern of the lining
- single of double layer of lining
- purse fastening (buttons, zip or magnetic clasps)
Thank you for your valuable time.