Search

Rose petals

This week I've been struggling somewhat with rose petals. The blue petals we're crocheted with mercerised cotton as a quick(ish) test run before I moved on to silk. This was difficult! It took so long to crochet each petal as the silk kept catching on the skin around my fingertips. Red silk roses for Valentines day are kinda out of the question...


However, I've decided to try one last thing. I'm crocheting the rose petal with cotton that's thinner than the 4ply mercerised blue. Luckily, I have some of this cotton (it might be "number 8" thread) in white and yellow. Florist tape arrived the other day so I can cover up the rubber coated wire. I'm still in two minds whether or not to make a few (yellow and white roses) and try to sell online for Valentines day... Yeah I should get moving if I do!



Practices and prototypes


This is the white silk rose which took absolutely ages! I'm not really a fan of the composition, and I'm not sure if having fewer petals would bulk it up enough.


I'm pinning my hopes on this little one! This is the white crochet cotton. I do think the detail shows up beautifully in this material, let's see if the rose as a whole works.


Thank you so much for your valuable time.


Lingling xx

28 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All